Ski Touring Equipment
- Skis with touring bindings
- Ski mountaineering boots Preferably that have been worn before the trip to ensure comfort
- Ski Poles with normal baskets not small piste baskets
- Skins for skis
- Ski Crampons
- Shovel, Probe, Avalanche Transceiver.
- Ice Axe andCrampons.
- Harness, 2x screw gate Karabiner ice screw and 8ft sling.
- Rucksack 30 litre for day tours and off piste skiing 45-50L for multi day tours. Models that skis
can be attached to are best.
- Water bottle
- Food and snacks
- Thermal base layer top, light colours reflect heat best. No Cotton
- Fleece top Soft shell fabrics are also excellent
- Spare Fleece or synthetic down
- Trousers to wear under waterproofs, Softshell type fabrics. No Cotton.
- Waterproof Trousers gore-tex or other breathable fabrics are best a good system in spring is soft shell then really light overtrousers.
- Waterproof Jacket gore-tex or other breathable fabrics are best
- Gloves Thick and thin pair
- Hat Warm hat and sun hat
- Sun glasses
- Sun cream I would recommend factor 30 as a minimum
- Lip salve
- Blister kit
- Headache tablets
- Mobile phone
At the Hut
- Sheet sleeping Bag
- Head torch
- Paperback book- Kindles are great
- Insurance certificate
- Alpine membership card may give hut discounts BMC
- Cash in local currency